Combining Worksheets with same column

Andy920

I am looking to create a database and need some help. What I am trying to do is create a database with multiple pages. But would like Column A to have the list of names and have that appear on each sheet without having to actually put the names on each page. So if I have 5 worksheets in the database, the list of names in Column A would show up in each page.

Also with this, am looking to have it that if I need to delete or move a row, it would do so on all 5 pages at one time without having to doing it seperatly on each page.

Thanks for any help

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Why should you have multiple worksheets for same record?

It is not a database structure.

Upvote 0
Each page is going to have different info on it associated with the names of the people in column A

Upvote 0
That what I'm saying, it still a same record, aren't they?

You know, Excel is not a relational database tool, it is just a spread sheet.
To facilitate the database structure in Excel, it is much better/easier/faster to get all the info in one sheet to manipulate.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to avoid having 50 columns and having to keep scrolling over to find my info. Want to just put so much info on each page and just click the tabs on the bottom and have what info I want right there in the screen. Am just trying to make it so Coumn A would appear on each page without actually having to copy it to each page, and if I want to delete a row when I do it would delete the row off each page in one delete. Is this possible to do

Upvote 0
As jindon was referring to, what you want to do sounds more like a relational database. If that is what you really want (data broken up on different sheets/tables/etc) , you might want to consider using a relational database program, like Microsoft Access.

Upvote 0
In addion to jm4's comment...

Database in Excel should be like what I suggested and you can split the data that you want to see from there.
This is how you work with Excel as a Database.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back