Combo box changing case of letters

mmmreece

Hi. I have a combobox that needs to look up words that are not case sensitive. I use excel in a live environment where I have to look up records in a time sensitive manner. the problem I'm having is that if a word starts with a small f as in fRomAge (just made a word up there to demonstrate). Excel is changing it to Fromage or something as daft. I want CAT to be different from cat, CaT and CTa. and not to be changed whilst I'm typing. Has anybody got any clue how I can do this? There are multiple combo boxes on the same userform looking up a range for the input values and adding to the range if not found.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused.:eek:

You want the search to be case insensitive but you are worried about the case of what you are entering?

How are you searching?

Upvote 0
I have a list of customers (for want of a better word). They use usernames that are unique to them. I get 20 to 30 seconds to get their record up. I type into the combobox and it autofills. for example, the username may be gdpc91 or iUchihA_HznO . Now if I try to type in iUchihA_HznO into the combo box the chance is that the i will turn into I in the lookup list. The lookup list is a range on a sheet. This means I have to type the name as best as I can and then go back and change any alterations that the autocomplete has made.

Upvote 0
So you actually want things to be case sensitive?

Upvote 0
If I type gdpc91 into the combo box I don't want it to automatically change to GDpc91 if there is another user in the list called GDpSmith if you see what I mean. I want it to not change the case that I type in

Upvote 0
How about not using a combobox?

Use a textbox to enter the user, a listbox with the list of the names and code to filter the values, case sensitively, in the listbox.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back