Combo Box Default

CrustyR1

I have a spreadsheet that has multiple combo boxes in it so the user can pick from a list.

Is there a way the selection in the first combo box can be the default value in another / multiple box? However, if the second or third box needs to change the user can override the default & choose something different from the list.

Hope this makes sense.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
This can be done with a macro. Are you already using macros in this file? Are the values in the first combobox already in the lists for the other combobox, or would it be a user-defined value?

Are you using Form controls or ActiveX controls? Here is the code to do this with ActiveX comboboxes, although of course, I haven't tested with your specific scenario:
VBA Code:
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

ComboBox2.Value = ComboBox1.Value

End Sub

Upvote 0
This can be done with a macro. Are you already using macros in this file? Are the values in the first combobox already in the lists for the other combobox, or would it be a user-defined value?

Are you using Form controls or ActiveX controls? Here is the code to do this with ActiveX comboboxes, although of course, I haven't tested with your specific scenario:
VBA Code:
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

ComboBox2.Value = ComboBox1.Value

End Sub
Thanks for your help 6StringJazzer.

Yes I have changed the form combo to ActiveX combo boxes. The default works a treat. It also let the user override the default in needed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back