Combo Box Take From One Row Source Or Add To Another

MichaelW3

I've developed a user form that's been operational for a while now but needs a change. One of the fields is a text box where users manually type the facility where a particular piece of inventory comes from. I'd like to change that input field to a combo box where users can select from a list of facilities. I have a workbook with two spreadsheets, "sheet1" where all of the userform data is entered into, and "sheet2" as row source information for other combo boxes. What I'd like to do is take all the facilities that have already been entered and add them as a rowsource for the combobox. Then what I'm looking for is a way for the user to type the facilities name into the combo box and if the facility already exists in the facility column of sheet 2 simply select that facility and enter it as data in the appropriate sheet1 column, if it doesn't exist I want the user to be able to enter that facility and have it store in the list on sheet2 as well as the column in sheet1. Kind of confusing, I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back