Combo Box

brans1982

Hey,

Trying to create a drop down list using a combo box. Then, when i select an item on that list, it will bring me to the range of cells where that information is stored.

Is that possible? I have no VBA experiance at all.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
If I correctly understand you, you want to select a certain criteria from a combo box, then you want to see all related values in the next cells associated with this criteria?
If yes, then the simplest thing is filter function. You choose your criteria and you see all values in the next cells belonged to your criteria.

Upvote 0
Kinda,

Basically, i have spreadsheet done out with a list of destinations in alphabetical order. There is quite a few so instead of having to scroll down to e.g 'Zurich' I want to have a drop down list where you can select 'Zurich' and the page will scroll down automatically. It's exactly what the name box does but I need it on the sheet it's self.

Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
Yes, use filter function, the simplest way. Select the head row, then go to DATA from main menu, select Filter, then AutoFilter. It creates drop-down list. In the destination column you select Zurich and it shows you all Zurich data.
Let me know if it's ok.

Upvote 0
Ah.....

Almost works but if 'Zurich' has 5 rows of information it will only select 1 row. Is there any way around that?

Upvote 0
Yes, it shows you only rows which contain zurich in destination column. If you want other rows related to zurich to be selected, then I have to see you spreadsheet. Otherwise, it's hard to say just imagining. So, send me your file and I will have a look at it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back