Combo Boxes won't display value when item is selected from a searchable Combobox unless it's done twice

KlayontKress

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
The title explains it pretty well. I have a workbook that has a sheet to be used by our employees to key information into so that our account keyers can order the correct stuff at a later time. I went through and created a ton of named ranges because I need drop downs that will allow you to pick the subdivision and then only list the addresses available under that name I also cross referenced the subdivision to the account it needs to be keyed under, which happens automatically, and I also have 3 dropdowns that display the product information being ordered (door style, color, etc.).
The problem I'm having is that if you select any option other than the first one, it won't appear in the combo box. It does appear in the linked cell though. If you click the combo box again only the value you click before is visible so the searchable combobox did it's job. I believe this is related to the macros attached to the combobox but I'm not sure how to fix this. I believe that this is the case because if you are selecting something from the product offering, it will occasionally bring down the drop down menu for the addresses.

I need whatever item is selected from the dropdown to appear on the first time it's selected because I want to make this sheet as intuitive and easy as possible for the employees using it.

link to dropbox file here.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back