ComboBox HELP

rockchalk33

Board Regular
Hey all,

I have two questions...

1.) Is it possible to select multiple choices within a ComboBox? Is it possible to select multiple choices within a ListBox? If so, how?

2.) Assuming it is possible to make multiple selections, I have a list of names in Column A, a list of their respective addresses in Column B, and a respective comment in Column C. If I wish to create a For-Each-Next loop to print a person's name with that person's address directly below and then that person's comment directly below that, per one printed page. How can I set this up? Or is it even possible to do?

Thanks,

Devin

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
PS Column A will be the rowsource and will contain the names which are found in the ComboBox or ListBox.

Upvote 0
ComboBoxes do not accept multiple selection.
ListBoxes have a muliSelect property that can be set as desired.

What kind of ListBox are you talking about ActiveX, Forms menu or on a userform?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is possible to select multiple items in a listbox but not a Combobox.
In the properties box for the listbox choose Mutiselect.

And you need the listbox so you can choose which people to send a letter to is that the reason for the listbox

And in what cells do we want these values entered into for printing?

Upvote 0
If you have a list of names in column "A" and a list of addresses in column "B" and comments in column "C".

I see no reason why you need a listbox.

If you want to choose which Names to send a letter to I would suggest you use column "D" and put a "X" for example in column "D" for every person you want to send a letter to. Then a For loop would look in column "D" for a "X" and then enter the values from column A,B and C into the proper cells in your sheet.
At the end of the script we could clear all the "X" in column "D" and are now ready for next time.

Upvote 0
I'm using a ListBox that's inside a UserForm. The description I gave of what I need done is a generalization.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back