combobox in worksheet

eddy2702

hey guys...
i'm a real beginner at this VBA/Excel, so please bare with me on this one...
i'm trying to make a combobox in my worksheet, so that later, when i assign an item in the combobox, out comes the thing that i want..
eg. i choose hannover from a series of places, pops out the information i had written on hannover
is there any way for me to do that ?

thanks in advanced

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
And where is the data supposed to come out? Or pop out? In a cell? If this is just choosing an item from a list, and fetching information ( from where????? ) to place in another cell, then the in-cell drop-down ( Data Validation ) seems sufficient for your needs, without the need for any VBA.

Upvote 0
dear GlennUK
the list of the details are supplied in another sheets...and regarding this 'validation' option, i can't seem to find it in my excel...mind u, i'm using excel 2000 'german' version, but don't think there's any different than the english version...

my idea is...to have a userform or somekind, that when u want to access to a certain place, u click that place, then comes out the infos on that place(which all the places i've saved up in different sheets)...that's what i meant by pops out...
thanks again...

Upvote 0
So you are saying you want the infos to come out on the user form. What do you want to do with that information afterwards? Do you need it to go into cells in the sheet, or not? You see, you can arrange cells on your sheet to display such information in an easy-to-read layout which is just as good as a user form, and would not need any VBA.

The Validation option is under the Data menu choice. The source can be a list, but if the list is stored in a different sheet it must be referred to by way of a defined name. This involves no VBA.

Upvote 0
yes, u got it right, i want all the infos to be places on the cells on the sheet...wuold u mind showing me how to do that ? or is there a tutorial that i could find on the web ? cause i've searched for quite some time now, can't find what i was looking for..

cheers

Upvote 0
Look at the VLOOKUP function, and the help files for it, and examples on the web.

You use the choice made in a cell, which has had Data Validation set up on it. Have that as the value to look up.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back