COMBOBOX Linked Cell is a Date

GreyFog

I have a combobox that reads a range of dates in a column for the ListRange and this populates the LinkedCell with the date the user chooses from the drop down. The data range column is formatted as a date as is the LinkedCell ($H$8 on my sheet). In another cell I have a LOOKUP formula that is using the LinkedCell value as it's lookup_value. The formula reads:
=LOOKUP($H$8,'Data Entry'!$A$2:A$62,'Data Entry'!$B$2:$B$62)
Data Entry is another worksheet where the lookup is pulling it's data. PROBLEM: When I use the combobox selection to populate the lookup_value cell ($H$8) I get an error #N/A. But if I manually type a date in $H$8 my LOOKUP cell returns the correct value! Why is the date populated by the combobox not working and what do I need to do in order to make it work? Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Try not using the linked cell of your combo box. Was it a combo from Forms toolbar or Control toolbox? Try using Control toolbox combo, do not link, add change event to update the cell in vba code.

Upvote 0
It is a combobox from the Conrol Toolbar. What would be the code to add in VBA if I am not using the LinkedCell in the properties setting of the combobox to populate the cell?

Upvote 0
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
Range("h8") = ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

I tried this with the code for the event change above with the cell still linked and it works fine. If you leave it linked then the combo box will update to same as a manual input in H8. Take the link out and the combo box will update H8 but manual will not update box.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back