comment box to automatically appear (without cursor hoover) Possible?

kbishop94

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello & thank you for reading my question. I couldn't find anything pertaining to this when searching the board, so I thought I would post my question.

Is it possible to have a cell comment automatically appear when a worksheet is activated? (without any input from the user including hoovering/moving the cursor over the cell containing the comment.)

Here is what I would like to achieve...

I have a userform that provides search criteria for the user to search specific 'incidents' that they would like to find...

the return results are copied and pasted onto a separate worksheet where the user can view them.

I would like to add the auto-popup comment code (if its even possible) to be part of the the 'worksheet activate' module so that when the tally is presented on the worksheet (and then it becomes activated) the comment cell would appear when it opens up. ?

Here is a screen shot of the results page and how I would like the comment to appear when the worksheet is activated:
CAPTURE.png

Next (and if what I am hoping to achieve is achievable!) I would like to apply a timer on the comment so that it appears for a few seconds or so and then is deactivated and the comment disappears.

I am essentially doing this in another workbook so that when it opens up (as a workbook open event) a message box (not COMMENT box) appears briefly after a few seconds when the workbook opens and then requires the user to select 'ok' to remove the messagebox. I want to do away with the messagebox and do this wtih a comment as well as removing any input from the user and have the box disappear after a specific amount of time.

related code for the timing of when a message box appears after the workbook open event activates this sub/module:

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Const PopupDurationSecs As Integer = 5

Sub startTimer()
'
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:02"), "myShellMessageBox"
'
End Sub
Sub myShellMessageBox()
'
Dim Result As Integer
Result = CreateObject("WScript.Shell").PopUp("     Click on a NAME within any of the LEADERSHIP TIERS to" _
& vbCr & "             show all employees that report to that person." _
& vbCr & "" _
& vbCr & "Click the NAME a SECOND TIME to return back to normal view.")
'
End Sub

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Maybe, you could use the timer macro to toggle
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlCommentAndIndicator
and
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlCommentIndicatorOnly
but this would be for every Comment in the workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back