comment help

james rockford

hi to all and thanks for the help....what i would like to do is add a sum info to a comment box....I have a2 to a10 and would like to add this up but hide the sum within a comment box ...if so how ???

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
With a macro

Code:
Sub SumNote()
Range("C1").NoteText Text:=WorksheetFunction.Sum(Range("A1:A10"))
End Sub

This sums A1:A10 and puts the sum as a comment in C1. The commenht won't update if the data changes.

Upvote 0
jim

How can you 'hide' something in a comment box?:eek:

Upvote 0
hi norie ...you are correct that does sound a like off the mark ...i will place the comment so that i will be the only one to see it i hope ....it is just to check if the info i have added is correct.....

Upvote 0
vocII thanks for your help but i am not great with VBA.....i was hoping it would be just cut and paste to the box......thanks for the help

Upvote 0
jim

Couldn't you select the cells and check the sum in the right hand of the status bar?

If the sum isn't appearing then right click the status bar and select Sum.

Upvote 0
Hi Jim

A comment box isn't a good place to hide something because cells containingcomment boxes get highlighted. If you are looking just to copy and paste a formula into a Comment box then just Copy and Paste it in, I tried to get it to paste in the results but that didn't work perhaps you could convert it to text before you paste it over.

A better solution to 'hiding' something would be to go to Format>>Cells>>Protection and check hidden then go to Tools>>Protection.>>Protect Sheet enter an optional password and your formulas will be hidden.

HTH

Dave

Upvote 0
hi Dave3009...thanks for all the great info....again you are correct and i will give that ago....I think this will work out .....

P.S. My Mom came from scotland .....small world ...again thanks for the help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back