RHONDAK72

Board Regular
I have a database (in 2003 mdb format running in Access 2010) that works great until I do a Compact & Repair. When that happens and I try to run a query or macro, I receive "Run-time error 3000 Reserved error (-1524); there is no message for this error".

I then have to go to my backed up copy in order to run macros and queries again. I've tried 3 times now. Every time I run Compact & Repair, the error returns. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any idea what causes it? Any idea on how to fix it?

I need to be able to run Compact & Repair, and so this is a very frustrating issue. I thought Compact & Repair helped to prevent corruption, but it seems to be causing it in my case. I appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve it. Thanks.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
You may already have a corruption in your db. Try this to see if it resolves your issue.

Open a new db and name it. Click on external Data and import all of the objects from your old db to the new one. Make sure to not only import the structure, but also the data. Save the new db in the format you desire (.mdb or .accdb). Now try running your new db and see if issue continues. If this alleviates the issue, then make sure to make a backup of the new db file.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Also going forward suggest to keep data in a backend and the forms, reports, and queries in a front end to protect your data.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I imported all objects. It appears one of my tables has become corrupt. During the import process, I received the same error when it got to one of my largest tables. I imported all objects, including that table. However, when I opened that table, there was no data in it. This table is required and very important for my reporting.

I wonder, if I was able to access table data in my backup and export the data to Excel or text file and then import it into a new database if that would fix the corruption problem.

Thoughts or other ideas? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I would probably explore all such options. Such as, first to export the table alone to a new database and import it separately. Then I'd continue with other permutations (text, excel, compacted/repaired). It's probably recoverable in some such fashion. But do keep the backup intact as is. If the table is "okay" in the original it should be something you can copy/import/export one way or another.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back