Compare two columns and find values

Enterprisesailor

Hi
I think that this has been answered before but I am having real trouble trying to convert the answer to fit my needs. I have two columns in two different worksheets and I want to find out if any value exists in one and not in the other.
I have an existing worksheet called "Source Pupil details" and column A uses a "Unique Pupil number" (UPN) which specifies the unique pupil. Periodically we send out updates to our schools and they put new pupils on the end of their list and return it to me. How can I tell if there are new pupils included on the return ("Data Import")? Column B of "Data Import" contains the UPNs of both previously known and the new UPNs. I want to ignore all the UPNs I already know in "Data Import" column B and copy only the new UPNs from "Data import" column B to "Source pupil details" column A.
I'm sorry I cannot post the idea's I already tried as I could not work out the HTML editor as I use a chormebook. perhaps I was doing something wrong.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
That is done with either a VLOOKUP formula or an INDEX(...MATCH()) formula.
Often times the lookup range is not setup as a absolute reference, which can be essential for these formulas to work correctly when filled-down.
... if your using a chromebook, which version o Excel are you using?

Upvote 0
That is done with either a VLOOKUP formula or an INDEX(...MATCH()) formula.
Often times the lookup range is not setup as a absolute reference, which can be essential for these formulas to work correctly when filled-down.
... if your using a chromebook, which version o Excel are you using?

Hi
Thanks so much for replying. I am using excel 2007.
Meanwhile, i need this in VBA because, when schools reply, I copy their responses into the worksheet "Data import". I need to get these values copied into "Source Pupil details" then delete "Data import" and do the process again.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back