Compare Two Columns From Different Tables

barim

Board Regular
Hello,

I would like to compare Table1 Column1 with Table2 Column2. If Column1 value =Column2 value it should be printed "Match" if not "No Match". Both columns are formatted as text. I guess, this should be Custom Column and DAX formula.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

sandy666

or you can try this as a model to be expanded

Code:
[SIZE=1]// Table1
let
    Source1 = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content],
    Source2 = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table2"]}[Content],
    Compare = Table.AddColumn(Source2, "Compare", each List.Contains(Source1[type],[type])),
    ROC = Table.SelectColumns(Compare,{"Compare"})
in
    ROC[/SIZE]
but result is TRUE / FALSE

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellakim00

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...