Compare two Ranges in the same column - highlight any duplicates in one of the ranges

Mr_RUNDMC

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I cant find any help as to how i can achieve this - wondered if anyone can advise please? I have a room planner for the year that does various things and we have added a table below the planner to add holidays. Reference can then be made against those entries to ensure there is no 'clash'. But holidays change and in case someone doesn't identify a team member as being away and incorrectly books them into a room, i wanted to highlight the entry - making it obvious there is an issue. Problem is that the data is entered into the same column for a given day - so i need to compare a range of a column to a different range of the same column. Is that possible please?

Example of what i mean - so compare the Blue and red ranges and highlight any duplicates in the red section. (Each day is split between AM & PM but if even if i could identify one duplication - am or pm - just to make the user aware of a potential issue that would be a start, but ideally only compare the PM's with PM's etc.)

EG.PNG

Attachments

• EG.PNG
    EG.PNG
    19.7 KB · Views: 6
  • EG.PNG
    EG.PNG
    19.9 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
No - needs to be automated as different users involved and it cant require a 'skill'.
Sorry I did not mean to ask users to do it manually.
I asked you do it, just once, because I need to see the outcome which do not display in the image.

Upvote 0
Not by my PC but have done a quick example - thanks. Because the initials appear in the same column in both tables, i would like the entries to be highlighted in bottom table like the below.
Capture.PNG

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back