Compare two Workbooks to update a price List

jwo1214

I have two workbooks, both contain a price list of parts. One is a master list that I will call workbook "A" which contains every single part we sell. The other is a smaller list that I will call workbook "B" which contains frequently bought parts. What I want to do is compare column B in workbook "B" with column A in workbook "A" and update the price in workbook "A" with the price in workbook "B" and highlight the entire row where the price was updated. The price column is in D for both workbooks.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
You didn't tell us the name of the relevant sheet in each workbook so I have assumed that in each case it is 'Sheet1'. Change code if that is not the case.

I have also assumed ...

- That both workbooks are open when the code is run.

- That both workbooks are in Excel 97 - 2003 format (.xls) not Excel 2007 format (.xlsx or .xlsm)

See how this goes and post back if you need modifications that you can't figure out yourself.

<font face=Courier New><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> UpdatePrices()<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> wsA <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Worksheet, wsB <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Worksheet<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> c <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range, FoundPart <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br>    <br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> wsA = Workbooks("A.xls").Sheets("Sheet1")<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> wsB = Workbooks("B.xls").Sheets("Sheet1")<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Each</SPAN> c <SPAN style="color:#00007F">In</SPAN> wsB.Range("B2", wsB.Range("B" & wsB.Rows.Count).End(xlUp))<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> FoundPart = wsA.Columns("A").Find(What:=c.Value, After:=wsA.Range("A1"), _<br>                        LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _<br>                        SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> FoundPart <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Is</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Nothing</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>            MsgBox "Part " & c.Value & " not found in main list"<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Else</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> FoundPart<br>                .Offset(, 3).Value = c.Offset(, 2).Value<br>                .Resize(, .Parent.UsedRange.Columns.Count).Interior.ColorIndex = 37<br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> c<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> wsA = Nothing: <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> wsB = Nothing<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back