Comparing Columns to look and tag over runs

ExcelDummy

Hopefully I won’t confuse you guys with this one. What I need is a Macro that will do a few things for me. The critical data that the macro would apply to is, “Column A”, “Column O” and “Column B”, These 2 columns (A & O) are names of registered racers that are participating.

Column B will have 4 different numbers that are related to track conditions.

Now then, if you are familiar to Drag Racing, which is what this table is derived from. The names on the A Column are the winners, the names on the O Column are the losers from a drag race.

This game is set up to operate very similar to NHRA Drag Racing. Each racer gets to make 4 qualifying attempts. The track conditions change from each day which determines the performance of the car.

One issue with Column B is since there are 4 different Session ID’s and each racer is required to make one run in each Session. The macro would have to determine through Column A and Column O if a racer made more then one run based on Column B to each given Session ID number.

In another since each person should not exceed 1 run per the Column B Session which has the 4 different Sessions. Now then, if this person does make more then one run in that particular session, could there be a way for the macro to flag that person with a cell color or anything, where I could Disqualify the run? The sheet would work perfect if this could be done but also with creating the macro with a button when I am ready to have it run.

Once this macro is ran, the results would then be copied into another Program for the remaining macros to run. The original program is very extensive and I could send it to someone that might like to take a look at it to understand a little more about what I am trying to accomplish.

Note: the program would have to scan anywhere from 100 rows of information to 1000 rows of information.

If this is beyond what anybody would want to tackle I completely understand.

http://www.nitrosim.com/VF/r1.jpg

http://www.nitrosim.com/VF/r2.jpg

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back