Comparing data from 2 Pivot tables in 1 Chart

max1995

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey Guys,

I Have an excel workbook , and in one sheet I Have 2 Pivot tables (the 2 pivots are in the same sheet and they're exactly the same) yet the cells contain different figures (Diff.between estimated and actual costs)

How can I Show this difference in a chart , where the X-Axis I have my timeline and on the Y-Axis I Have the Amount ?

Thanks in Advance.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
one way would be make a single pivot table from both datasets, then it should be trivial

if that is unfamiliar, please google for "excel pivot table from two data sources"

Upvote 0
You could make a regular chart from the pivot data. Start by selecting a cell that isn't adjacent to the pivot tables or any data, and insert a chart. This will generate a blank chart.

Right click on the chart, and click Select Data. Don't touch the Chart Data Range at the top, because then you'll end up with a pivot chart. Under Legend Entries, click Add, and add each series you need, one by one, from either pivot table.

Upvote 0
You could make a regular chart from the pivot data. Start by selecting a cell that isn't adjacent to the pivot tables or any data, and insert a chart. This will generate a blank chart.

Right click on the chart, and click Select Data. Don't touch the Chart Data Range at the top, because then you'll end up with a pivot chart. Under Legend Entries, click Add, and add each series you need, one by one, from either pivot table.

Thanks for your response Jon.

It worked perfectly , However , I'm facing something else now , If you could help I'd really appreciate it.

1586431316386.png

As you can see I've Imported the 4 columns from the 2 pivot tables , yet I'm unable to get the x Axis to be the timeline

and the vertical line are showing as you can see , not reflecting the figures in the tables.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
All I see is four large bars, but I don't know where they came from or how the original pivot tables were set up.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webster33

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back