I am trying to compare values in G2 and H2 based on the below criteria:
  • Both are date fields
  • If G2>H2 then "Sales Initiated"
  • If G2<H2 then "Marketing Initiated"
  • If G2=H2 then "Marketing Initiated"
  • If G2 is blank, but H2 is not, then "Sales Initiated"
  • If G2 is not blank, but H2 is blank, then "Marketing Initiated"
  • If both G2 and H2 are blank, then ""

I started with the below formula, but it doesn't take into consideration if one cell is blank and not the other or if they are the same. Any help is greatly appreciated!
=IF(AND(ISBLANK(G2), ISBLANK(H2)),"",IF(G2>H2), "Sales_Initiated", "Marketing_Initiated"))

Would it be possible to make it relevant? if there is a value in K2 and either L2 or M2 are before K2, it should result in Sales Initiated

I tried this, and no dice: =IF((OR(AND(K2<>"",K2<=L2),AND(K2<>"",K2<=M2),"Marketing Initiated","Sales Initiated"))

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Can you please decide exactly what the criteria, rather than constantly moving the goal posts.

Upvote 0
Yes! I've asked the same thing of Marketing. LOL!

In a nut shell,

If there is a value in Original Marketing Qualified Date (K) and it is before or equal to EITHER Original Sales Accepted Date (L) or Recent Sales Accepted Date (M) then it is Marketing Initiated, otherwise its Sales Initiated

The below scenario in green should result in Sales Initiated because even though Original Marketing Qualified Date (K) and Recent Sales Accepted Date (M) are the same, Original Sales Accepted Date (L) is before Original Marketing Qualified Date (K) The other values in column N are correct.
1679324736538.png

Thank you so much!

Upvote 0
You are contradicting your self with
If there is a value in Original Marketing Qualified Date (K) and it is before or equal to EITHER Original Sales Accepted Date (L) or Recent Sales Accepted Date (M) then it is Marketing Initiated,
and
The below scenario in green should result in Sales Initiated because even though Original Marketing Qualified Date (K) and Recent Sales Accepted Date (M) are the same, Original Sales Accepted Date (L) is before Original Marketing Qualified Date (K)

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for your help @Fluff! I really appreciate the time you have spent, and I have learned a lot!

I'm struggling to think of another way to explain the criteria. I'll keep playing with it and hopefully figure it out. I have a ton to learn.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back