comparing lists and printing results that don't match

ramkitty

Situation:
I have a list of hardware that gets serviced yearly. I keep track of this on a spreadsheet. What I want to do is print a status report of all stock that I have not seen from the previous year to determine losses. The sheet contains a inventory number (not unique due to a huge issue years ago with people dropping leading 0s or creating there own schemes) and serial number (unique 99% of the time)

What I can do
I can take the 2 sheets and compare one list to the other and give a readout for each and every item I have (over 1000)

What I want
Compare serial number from last year I have a range Serial08 to range Serial09 and output the serial and inventory numbers (Serial08 and RMS08) from last year for only the non matching items.

I am reasonably cabable with writing formulas in excel but when it comes to vba I can understand vba and macros but I do not know where to start when it comes to creating the macro beond simple entry boxes to select ranges

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Welcome to MrExcel Board...

Instead of VBA why not use a vlookup to the two lists. Where there are #N/A is new - then do a autofilter for the #N/A and print that

Upvote 0
i cant use vlookup without copying columns of data around but i can use index with match

I never thought about using the auto filter. That should work.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back