Comparing Spreadsheets

aimeelou2006

Hi

I have an old price list and a supplier sends overs his new pricelist with equipment added and removed etc so I want to compare the new price list with my old one to see what has been made obsolete, whats added and what prices have changed with out going through each equipment myself is there a way?

Thanks for your help in advance

Aimee

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
I think you would have to tackle this in stages. Step one, for each item code in your list, see if it exists in new list, those that no longer exist delete them. Now match the items in the new list with your list and where there is no match this denotes a newly added item. You could put a 1 in a new column for each of these.
Now go back to your old list and match to new list comparing old price with new price, you could put all the prices from the new list in a spare column enabling you to check for changes. Finally add all new items to your list. Copy the data you need and create the new pricelist. PM me your Email and I will send you a small prototype spreadsheet with the formulas and codes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back