Comparing Spreadsheets

Nilla3321

I'm using Excel 2003 and need to compare 2 worksheets to one another to find the errors in our system. I've uploaded a small version of this to dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3q9px9gs81x37j/Test.xls?dl=0

I actually need to do a few things to this sheet. Catalog is my master sheet, System is the one I need to find the errors in so...

In System sheet
Find Part #
If Part # is located, check values in B-F to make sure they are the same - if not, highlight the offending cell.
Then grab the price from column G and add it to column G in the Catalog sheet
If Part # is not located - highlight part number

Now I've tried some conditional formatting, I copied and pasted my list of part numbers into the same sheet and was able to accomplish the last portion of my goal (finding part #'s that are in the System but not the Catalog)
=COUNTIF($A:$A, C1)

However when I attempted to branch that out and find mismatching descriptions (B-F) my brain exploded and I can't even really tell what I'm trying to do...it did something, but not what I wanted, lol. For this one I also put all my data into 1 sheet - I don't know how to tell excel to reference a different worksheet.
=ISERROR(MATCH($H12&I12&J12&K12&L12&M12, $A$2:$A$14&$B$2:$B$14&$C$2:$C$14&$D$2:$D$14&$E$2:$E$14&$F$2:$F$14,0))

Hopefully I've explained this in a way that makes sense, it's so hard to get my brain to wrap around it so I figured it was worth a shot asking here! I also included a 3rd sheet in my dropbox download with a manual version of what I'm after. Thanks so much!

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back