Comparison between two data tables

Stephanie30

Hi

I need a vba code which could compare 2 worksheets which has data in different sort order

The data tables have no primary key and I need help in identifying how this can be compared to identify differences by reducing manual effort

Once the data is compared between 2 worksheets, the code should provide results in the 3rd tab or a new tab called “Results”

So really appreciate any effort..
Thanks in advance

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

igold

Office Version
365, 2010
Platform
Windows
Hi,

You mention that the data tables have no primary key, this leads me to believe that you are familiar with Access and Tables and Queries. If that is the case and depending on what version of Excel you are using, you could use the MSQUERY.exe app that has come with all the versions of Excel that I have used (no Office365 and not later than Office 2010). This would open up a window that is essentially the same as an Access Query Design window.

It would not be feasible for me to try and give you a step by step but if you have used Access then you should be able to figure out what needs to be done. It fits your requirements perfectly.

Just a thought.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Napoleao Paca

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...