Compatibility checker driving me crazy

roscoe

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Keeps telling me that 2 cells contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. Problem is it won't tell me which ones?

The help button shows a picture of the dialog box with a "find" link, but that's not appearing for me.

Any idea how to find out?

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
More data, different cell.

Error says: "Some cells have overlapping conditional formatting ranges. Earlier versions of Excel will not evaluate all of the conditional formatting rules on the overlapping cells. The overlapping cells will show different conditional formatting."

First, what the heck does this even mean? Overlapping with...what? [I want to find the guy who wrote this and smack him.]

I have a conditional formatting statement in cell M36 that says "=ISNA(MATCH(M36,bracket25,0))"
[bracket25 is a named range of two names. If the name in M36 is not one of those names, the do this format.] If I delete this format, the error goes away. Cannot figure out why.

Upvote 0
Well, I made the errors go away but I had to stop spreading a conditional format over multiple cells but create a new one each time. What a PITA.

Upvote 0
can you not just save as 2007 version, and that will stop some of the issues

Upvote 0
I'd love to but I need to give it to others that have older versions

Upvote 0
then your coding has to reflect what 2003 will do happily and not 2007

bearing in mind 2003 can only handle 3 condition's per cell

i agree it drives me nuts

I would look at installing 2003 on your machine and developing there

Upvote 0
I realize 2003's limitations...in fact this workbook was originally built in 2003 and now being modified. The problem seems to be if I build ore than on CF and assign it to multiple cells. I know no single cell has more than three conditions, yet it's balking anyway. I had to remove multiple occurrences from all cells and recreate the CF for each cell individually. Very annoying.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back