Compatibility issues Excel 2013 - 2016 - Microsoft PowerPoint object library issues - build a check? [VBA]

MrLuckbox

[FONT=&quot]I'm currently using Excel 2016 and i'm the original creator of the file / code. However, the goal is that everybody from my department (25 ppl) work in my file.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Some of them are still on Win7 & excel 2013. This is a problem since every time I (or someone else with win10 & excel 2016) save the file, the references get updated to Microsoft PowerPoint Object Library 16.0. Excel 2013 doesn't have 16.0, only 15.0. Each time a 2013-user tries to run it, he gets an error since he is looking for "MISSING: Microsoft PowerPoint 16.0 object library". He needs to untick 16.0, activate 15.0, save the workbook and then execute the macro.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My question:
Is it possible to write some code in the workbook that checks what excel you are running and deactivate/activates the correct reference?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It would imply that I can save the worksheet in my excel 2016 and that a user with 2013 can click it, get its references updated, execute the macro.

Please note that users don't have admin rights. I know that my code is currently protected with a password, so i'd probably also have to remove that.[/FONT]

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back