jooviertsmitch

Hi all. I recently made an excel VBA project which then turned out to be a huge application. This application is being saved in a network shared folder where multiple users are able to access the file (only one at a time though).

So, this application runs smoothly thus far on multiple machine. However, a compile error stating "Object library invalid or contains certain references to object definitions that could not be found" showed up when opened by a third user.

The example scenario1: File developed by me, User B opened file, modified and saved, User C tries to open file but encountered the compile error.
On a same scenario as scenario1 but instead of User B, User D opened file, modified and saved, User C has no issues opening and continue modifying the file. All users have the same references as well.

All users have windows 10 and Excel 2013. User B, D and I have VBA 7.1.1056 while user C has VBA 7.1.1049.

The compile error would highlight this particular section: "Private Sub Worksheet_Activate" from the below code in sheet 10
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()    
    ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet10").Shapes("ListBox1").Width = 500
    ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet10").Shapes("ListBox1").Height = 100
End Sub

Really appreciate your help and input.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

NdNoviceHlp

Check to make sure everyone has the same screen resolution and dpi settings. Frustrating background things that aren't obvious make me screen. :) Dave

jooviertsmitch

Hi Dave, thank you for your reply.

I've checked, all three users have the same screen resolution and dpi settings.

I really hope this can be resolved. This project would be the first I'm encountering such issues.

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
  4. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
My guess would be that one of you has a different update to the forms library so your activex controls are causing problems. If possible, I'd suggest rebuilding with Form controls (not the same as MSFORMS). If not, you'll need to make sure you all have the same updates.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon_Al

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...