jooviertsmitch

Hi all. I recently made an excel VBA project which then turned out to be a huge application. This application is being saved in a network shared folder where multiple users are able to access the file (only one at a time though).

So, this application runs smoothly thus far on multiple machine. However, a compile error stating "Object library invalid or contains certain references to object definitions that could not be found" showed up when opened by a third user.

The example scenario1: File developed by me, User B opened file, modified and saved, User C tries to open file but encountered the compile error.
On a same scenario as scenario1 but instead of User B, User D opened file, modified and saved, User C has no issues opening and continue modifying the file. All users have the same references as well.

All users have windows 10 and Excel 2013. User B, D and I have VBA 7.1.1056 while user C has VBA 7.1.1049.

The compile error would highlight this particular section: "Private Sub Worksheet_Activate" from the below code in sheet 10
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()    
    ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet10").Shapes("ListBox1").Width = 500
    ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet10").Shapes("ListBox1").Height = 100
End Sub

Really appreciate your help and input.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Check to make sure everyone has the same screen resolution and dpi settings. Frustrating background things that aren't obvious make me screen. :) Dave

Upvote 0
Hi Dave, thank you for your reply.

I've checked, all three users have the same screen resolution and dpi settings.

I really hope this can be resolved. This project would be the first I'm encountering such issues.

Upvote 0
My guess would be that one of you has a different update to the forms library so your activex controls are causing problems. If possible, I'd suggest rebuilding with Form controls (not the same as MSFORMS). If not, you'll need to make sure you all have the same updates.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back