Compile List and Count

jglassnerHI

Aloha -

I am trying to compile a list from a column and count the number of times the variable appears.
In Column D I would like Excel to look for a specialty when it comes across a new name put in under the specialty box, column F. Then I would like to display the number of times the variable appears.

Example:
Hospitalist 1
Pediatric 1

Thanks in advance,
J

[/URL][/IMG]

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Exactly in which cells do you want to put the result and how to identify those cells?

jglassnerHI

I want to put the specialty name starting in F6. Then the next occurrence on the next line.

THANK YOU

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
I'm not understanding, the text "Hospitalist" will you put in cell F6?
Or do you want a formula to put the text "Hospitalist"?
and where do you want to put the formula that will bring you as a result the number 1?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damntheman30

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...