Compile one pricelist out of 20 Workbooks

Barryvdw

Here is my challenge.

I receive about 20 pricelists from various computer suppliers with component pricing.

I would like to compile one pricelist out of all of them.

The challenge is however that that the sheets are not formated the same.

Some suppliers go: ItemCode| Price | Description

Others might be: Itemcode | Description | Price

I know you clever people know what I mean so please provide any suggestions or ideas.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Here is my challenge.

I receive about 20 pricelists from various computer suppliers with component pricing.

I would like to compile one pricelist out of all of them.

The challenge is however that that the sheets are not formated the same.

Some suppliers go: ItemCode| Price | Description

Others might be: Itemcode | Description | Price

I know you clever people know what I mean so please provide any suggestions or ideas.

Would you want to share information on the media used by the vendors to provide you with their price list and if it has been down/up loaded to Excel. Kind of difficult to see that from this distance. (chuckle)

Upvote 0
The first effort will likely have to be a manual reorganization of the data for each vendor. It would seem logical to pick the most common elements of data between all vendors, such as part number, item name, color, size, material composition, etc. Whatever the essential characteristics are that the item is ordered by if the part number is not item specific. If the part number is item specific it can save a lot of grief in handling the descriptive data. Then of course you have the price breaks, which will vary between vendors, but can probably be handled with a generic quantity progression chart. in 100, 200, 500 increments, whatever review of the price lists dictate. Onec a common format is established for each vendor and the data rearranged within the workbook, with the key data elements all being in the same columns within each workbook, then you can think automation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back