Complete newbie that doesnt know what category this problem should be in, very sorry

cloudStrife69

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey people, so I have 3 excel sheets, one has the product details, second has the order details, and the last the total profits details.
In the product details sheet, there's the pricing for each product with different IDs called SKU , and so I would like to insert the
pricing of each product into the order sheet according to the product ID, the product ID will already be in the order sheet, then
I would like to multiply the cost of each product in the order by its quantity which will already be given in the excel sheet
and create a new column in total cost for the product but there's
too many of the orders and products and manually inserting by myself is really physically taxing is there any function or any way in
Excel to make my work easier?

Also, after inserting the costs into the order sheet, I would like to compile the total costs for each order and then insert the total costs
into the total profits sheet according to the order ID of course, after that there will be a total release amount column to subtract the total
cost and create a new column called total profits for each order so again is there any other way of making this work easier?

I have learnt Python programming albeit not at industry level yet so if there is no function in excel that can help me with this,
are there any other ways I can explore using Python programming on Excel?

Below are the excel sheets I mentioned

Help would be very much appreciated as you saved my sanity
Thank you

Attachments

• excel1.png
    excel1.png
    15 KB · Views: 10
  • excel2.png
    excel2.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 10

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
What version of excel are you using? If it is newer the XLOOKUP function should do what you’re looking for. If you have an older version of excel we would need to do an INDEX/MATCH function.

Upvote 0
In that case XLOOKUP is your best bet. Give it a try and see if that works for you. If you're stuck then use XL2BB to provide a sample of your spreadsheet including columns/rows, etc and we can give you a hand.

Upvote 0
In that case XLOOKUP is your best bet. Give it a try and see if that works for you. If you're stuck then use XL2BB to provide a sample of your spreadsheet including columns/rows, etc and we can give you a hand.
Noted, will look it up haha thx for the help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back