Complex Conditional IF

1kmonro

I've attached my current IF statement below. It leaves the current worksheet, goes to another, looks for a code match and if found then returns the $ amount attached to the code. It works very well.
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C4,'Payment Info'!A$2:F$10000,4,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP(C4,'Payment Info'!A$2:F$10000,4,FALSE))

However, what I then need to happen is for the figure that was returned to be paste-special-added into another cell. I ONLY need this to happen if there is a code match from the original if statement.

I know that the IF statement is a function and the paste-special is a process but is there a way to marry them together in one statement OR is there a way to trigger the paste-special from the IF statement. Any help is appreciated.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
I've attached my current IF statement below. It leaves the current worksheet, goes to another, looks for a code match and if found then returns the $ amount attached to the code. It works very well.
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C4,'Payment Info'!A$2:F$10000,4,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP(C4,'Payment Info'!A$2:F$10000,4,FALSE))

However, what I then need to happen is for the figure that was returned to be paste-special-added into another cell. I ONLY need this to happen if there is a code match from the original if statement.

I know that the IF statement is a function and the paste-special is a process but is there a way to marry them together in one statement OR is there a way to trigger the paste-special from the IF statement. Any help is appreciated.

Hello !

Are you looking for this:
Excel Workbook
DE
14There is value nowThere is value now
Sheet1
Excel 2007
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E13=IF(D13="","",D13)
E14=IF(D14="","",D14)

The cell D13 contains your VLOOK UP formula. If there is nothing in D13, nothing will be in E13.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Michaels,
Unfortunately that doesn't work and I think it's because I've not been clear about what needs to happen. Here is an example.

First Situation

A1 A2
0.00 0.00

Next Situation

A1 A2
27.00 27.00 //// 27.00 pulled in by IF Statement and Paste-Special to A2

Next Situation

A1 A2
173.00 200.00 //// 173.00 pulled in by IF Statement and Paste-Special to A2

Next Situation

A1 A2
22.00 222.00 //// 22.00 pulled in by IF Statement and Paste-Special to A2

I hope that this makes things clearer. Thank you for responding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back