Complex Excel Formula

Pori96

Platform
  1. Windows
Hello friends.

I'm struggling with a formula and I was wondering if you could help me with it. I'm trying to match the value of a cell with the heading of a column and the value that I want to show is in the same row where I wrote the formula. The formula works but the problem is that in some cases the cell is empty so it gives me the first value it finds. I need to locate a value that is greater than 0 but also the minimum value that matches the cell with the heading.

Let me show you what I have so far and thank you in advance.
1586985462635.png

Where should I add the min formula and the if greater than 0 ?

why do you quote other people and write within the quote? How are we suppose to know which post/words you are referring to?

When you quote someone, you need to write your comment outside of the quote i.e. after this "[/QUOTE]"

Now, since we don't know which post you have quoted, we won't be able to give you a modification on the formula.
Please post with proper quotes and write your comments after it, so the members can suggest solutions accordingly.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
why do you quote other people and write within the quote? How are we suppose to know which post/words you are referring to?

When you quote someone, you need to write your comment outside of the quote i.e. after this "
"

Now, since we don't know which post you have quoted, we won't be able to give you a modification on the formula.
Please post with proper quotes and write your comments after it, so the members can suggest solutions accordingly.
[/QUOTE]

Ok, got it. Sorry, I'm new...

Upvote 0
That's ok. This time you did it correctly. Good to see you learnt it now.

Upvote 0
How are we suppose to know which post/words you are referring to?
Simply click on the username at the top of quote & it will take you to the post in question. :)

Upvote 0
I was confused because only the name was reflecting and the person had more than one post.
But this is a nice trick ,Fluff. Thanks

Upvote 0
Taking another look I think that I got the ranges reversed. Remember that the formulas assume that the quantity in G47 will always be equal to one of the quantities in R3:BT3, if the quantity is not an exact match then it will need a different approach. We can only work with the information you give us.

=MINIFS(R47:BT47,R47:BT47,">0",$R$3:$BT$3,G47)

=AGGREGATE(15,6,1/(R47:BT47/($R$3:$BT$3=G47)),1)

Done! I made it work with a vlookup and your formula. Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back