Board Regular
Below is the current If statement that I am using--

Sample of file format:

A B ColumnC ColumnD ColumnE ColumnF ColumnG
62 Task 1 $500
63 Task 2 $850
64 Task 3 $900

What I am trying to do:

If ColumnC = "Yes" then "Recognize Revenue OVERTIME". If ColumnC="No" then move to ColumnD
If ColumnD ="Yes" then "Recognize Revenue OVERTIME". If ColumnD ="No" move to question ColumnE.
If Both ColumnE & ColumnF are "Yes" then Recognize Revenue Overtime. If either ColumnE or ColumnF ="No" the "Recognize Revenue at a POINT IN TIME"

This is the formula that works:

=IF(COUNTA(C62:F62)=0,"",IF(A62="","",IF(OR(C62="YES",D62="YES"),"Recognize Revenue OVERTIME ",IF(AND(E62="YES",F62="YES"),"Recognize Revenue OVERTIME","Recognize Revenue at a POINT IN TIME"))))

I would like to add an additional If statement –as long as A62 is not blank then regardless of the answers in C62 thru F62 -- if G62= “yes” then populate with the text in that is in a cell in a different worksheet/tab (same workbook).

Is it possible to add the additional filter to the if statement? If so -- I am really struggling with how to do it. Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
This one is tough to explain.

Let me try another way of describing.

=IF(COUNTA(C62:F62)=0,"",IF(A62="","",IF(OR(C62="YES",D62="YES"),"Recognize Revenue OVERTIME ",IF(AND(E62="YES",F62="YES"),"Recognize Revenue OVERTIME","Recognize Revenue at a POINT IN TIME"))))

This formula requires both A62 for have data in it as well as atleast one cell between C62-F62 to have data in it.

Then if C62 or D62 equals "yes", then "Recognize Revenue Overtime" If both C62 and D62 are "no" then look to cells E62 &F62. If both E62 & F62 are "yes" then "Recognize Revenue Overtime", else Recognize Revenue at a Point in Time"

I would like to add another parameter that if G62 equals "yes" then look to cell G45 in sheet2.

I think that the new additional filter on G62 should be at early on in the formula, because if G62 is populated, there is no need to look at C62-F62. I just can't figure out where to insert it.

Can anyone help me, please?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nonnakkong

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back