Complex nvoice

oksanar

Hello all,
I have a following task at hand that I haven't been able to figure out how to solve. We always give our clients tiered pricing. The maximum is 5 different prices for different quantities. I created the table in sheet Part Database that includes part number, description of the part, qty1, price1, qty2, price2, qty3, price3, qty4, price4, qty5, price5. On the separate sheet named Sales Order I have an invoice that needs to be filled out. A14 contains my first part on the invoice, B14 is the part description, D14 is the quantity ordered. I need to write a formula in cell E14 to find a correct price from the table in Part Database sheet based on the cell A14 and D14. So, it should look at cell A14 and compare all the parts in the data base, then look at cell D14 and output the price that falls between correct qty range.
Can anyone, please, help me figure out if this is possible?
Thank you in advance!
Oksana

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hello,

Most probably ... it is possible ...

But you will have to come with more precise explanations and with an illustration of your expected result ...

Upvote 0
Hello,

Most probably ... it is possible ...

But you will have to come with more precise explanations and with an illustration of your expected result ...
James,
Thank you for your reply. I am struggling with posting examples here, partly due to working on a Mac and being new to apple. I thought I described my desired outcome well in my original post, but I've also stared at this for days.... I have a database with parts with tiered pricing - up to 5 different quantities, which means there are 5 different prices per part depending on which qty is chosen. The desired result is being able to enter part number in a sales order sheet and have the price populate based on the qty ordered. Please let me know if you have specific questions. Here is the formula I got so far. I know it's not complete, but I feel it's a decent start. When I first wrote it, I received correct output, but then it broke when I entered more data in.
=IF(VLOOKUP(A14,Table1[#All],3,FALSE)<=Table1[Qty1],Table1[Sell Price])

Thank you again for your help!

Upvote 0
Hi,

Try to use IFS to determine the result within a cell and return you a specified range, or process with a VLOOKUP based on your criteria.

You can always paste a sample sheet through dropbox etc, so we could take a better look.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back