Complex problem - Remaining value check - HELP

spirit89

Hi to everyone on this great forum,
I plea for your expertise.
I am having trouble with this problem for quite some time but am stuck on it for quite long.

The situation is as follows:
I want to make excel calculations in two sheets. One is for import of goods(fruit sugar up to 500 different shipments) and other is for its export after being processed(kind of syrup around - 400 shipments -it varies).

The measurements are in tons of weight. The problem occurs when exported goods do not have the same weight as the imports. Sometimes we export up to 2 or 3 import weights at a time. What I want is for the excel to recognize how large the export sum is and then to subtract the exact same value back from the number of imports (sometimes its just 1, sometimes 2 other times up to 3 different) needed to match the exported weight. And If there is any remains left I want it to write it in another cell next to the import from which the excess weight has remained. So in the upcoming future exports it first checks if there is any excess remaining values left from previous imports and then subtract it along with the following whole import values and if there is again something left that it repeats the process. Also I want it to show how many imports were included in each export on the export sheet and in exact which extent.
It is really confusing and complex and I don't even know if it can be done with excel or visual basic within it. To better describe the this problem I submit this simple descriptive example of what I need to make:

attachment.php

I know a bit about programing but this is out of my reach.
I have managed to make excel preform some calculations automatically (where up to three imports are included ) but I get the circular reference warning because I need this remaining values to be written besides the values of the imports which go trough the check for these remains - this messes up my the whole thing.Would some function/module/macro help to maybe preform the check only once or twice or?
Excuse my English I'm not a native speaker and forgive me if I am asking too much or if this is too confusing. I really do not know how to solve this and am desperate at the moment.

Thanks in advance,
Denis

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Going back to my school days, it does not seem that complicated.

+ Imported goods
+ Inventory
- Work in process
- exported goods

I don't believe you would ever get it accurate with just imports vs exports.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back