Complex Radar Graph - Can it be done?

suttonutd

Board Regular
Hello.

I use to have 4 bar graphs showing our bank covenant results but I'm hoping i can combine them all using a radar graph but having issues... I have seen on here that our imagination is sometimes beyond the capabilities of what these graphs can do but here's hoping.

We have 4 ratios to meet
Debt Service Cover Ratio - has to be above 1.25
HP Cover Value - Has to be below £20million
Interest Cover - Has to be above 4
Net Debt - Has to be below 2.5

2 issues I'm finding:
1) I think it called "quantitative scales" - they are all ratio's apart from HP Cover
2) They are either minimum or maximum
3) Can't get the end of each line to be individualized to each ratio.

I'm not sure yet but I would like either the centre to in breach or those maximum points mentioned above being the end point on each line and that is the breach. So as we pull one lever, we can see the impact it makes on the others.

Is this possible? Is there another graph that could represent it better. I would attach my working file but it's a bit of kiddies drawings as I didn't really get anywhere.

Hoping you can help! Steve

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Why a radar chart? I'm certainly not an expert with these, but I believe the purpose of one is to relatively compare the results of multiple categories against the same measuring scale. It looks to me like you have 4 different categories, each with their own measuring scale. See also advantages and drawbacks of radar charts.

With 4 unique KPIs where you are only comparing two data points for each (current vs target), would it not be best to use a chart better suited for that data? A circle gauge, regular gauge, data bar, or even something text based might be better.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back