Complicated dependent dropown list

ChargerRT

Board Regular
Hi Guys,

First of all, I would like mention that my knowledge in Excel formulas is limited to basic functions. My request might seem easy but I could not figure it out.

I have two dropdown lists. The fist one is straight forward and gives a list of equipment.
The second one is dependent on my selection in the first dropdown list.
For example, the first dropdown list has equipment 1,2,3. Products A,B and C are made on equipment 1. So If I select equipment 1 in the first dropdown list, the second dropdown list should list products A, B and C. The source data is on another sheet where all equipment and products are shown.

4XZJARx.jpg

The source table looks like this

Ao3eNMc.jpg

So as you can see, on any given equipment, there are number of product made and the corresponding cells are marked "Y" or "‡"

Keep in mind that where the products are listed, there are duplicate product names because they come in 2 sizes. So the dropdown list should not have duplicates I tried to merge the cells but other formulas got messed up.

For information, I did start the same thread on another forum but the solution did not work as intended. I am not sure if cross posting is allowed.

I know there is no option to attach a file, but I can upload the file to any sharing site.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melvetica

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back