Complicated excel/Internet explorer question.

cheetahlip

I export data from the internet. When it exports it is in a .csv file straight into an internet explorer window. My company just upgraded to MS Office 2003, I am using Excel 2003 Professional and IE version 6.0.

My problem is simple yet confounding. I need to use the Excel toolbars when the .csv file first exports to the IE window. I can go to the View menu, select toolbars and place the ones I want into the window.....however the next time I export a .csv file.....the toolbars are gone!

I want the tooblars to stay!!! Anyone know how to get them to stay??

Thanks....

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
How exactly are you importing this data into Excel?

Upvote 0
I'm downloading it through a link on a website, it's just a button, when I click the "export" button it automatically opens in a IE window as a .csv file.

Upvote 0
So you want to display the Excel toolbars in IE?

Upvote 0
To presume that a blackballing process exists requires the belief that there's a group of people engaged in a conspiracy (a) to decide who gets helped and who doesn't and (b) with the clout to enforce that decision in secret.

Neither seems practical, does it? Especially on the 'Net.

That leaves the possibility that like me, others don't know what you are talking about. Which, in turn opens up two possibilities. First, no one among all the regulars here has done anything remotely like you want to do -- effectively, making you the first person ever to attempt to download a CSV file from a website. Or, second, that your description of the problem provided insufficient information for a meaningful attempt at a resolution.

Given the choices of: conspiracy to blackball you, first person to ever attempt to download a CSV file, and insufficient information of the problem, which do you think is the most likely explanation?

Upvote 0
Tusharm, I was just joking.....nice explanation though!

I figured it out anyway. Once you download the .csv file and you're in internet explorer, you hit the button with the little pictures of the "tools" on it, and all of your excel toolbars will pop into place.

I still haven't figured out a way to make them "stick", but pressing one button to make them appear versus adding them one toolbar at a time through the menu is much more preferrable!

If anyone knows how to make them appear as a default (without having to hit the "tools" button), I'd still be interested in knowing how to make that happen.

Happy Holidays!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianhfield

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back