Complicated, Formula or Macro?

wazzulu1

Board Regular
Hi;

I have a spreadsheet which has a number in column D, and I need to divide that number by 1 to 12 months, and post it to the appropriate cells for each month (Jan through Dec), in columns G through R.

I'm making a dropdown list, so the user will see Jan-Dec, etc, to chose their starting and ending month. I made a table on sheet2 with a column to show how many months they total, along with the list description, which is what I want to use for column E on sheet1 to divide column D by.

Last, once I get this number, I need to filter which months they are applied to by the label (Jan-Dec, Feb-Apr,etc), and I am stuck between looking at a formula or using a macro.

The macro I imagine would have to be executed to refresh the data, verses a formula that would automatically do it.

I would post the sample spreadsheet, but I don't see how I'm able to do so. Forgive me for being long winded, I'm new here.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hi,

Try:

=IF((MATCH($B$2,$G$1:$R$1,0)<=COLUMN()-COLUMN($F$2))*(MATCH($C$2,$G$1:$R$1,0)>=COLUMN()-COLUMN($F$2)),$D2/(MATCH($C$2,$G$1:$R$1,0)-MATCH($B$2,$G$1:$R$1,0)+1),"")

in G2.

Drag right / down.
Book1
BCDEFGHIJKL
1StartEndNumberJanFebMarAprMayJune
2FebApr100 33.3333333333.3333333333.33333333  
Sheet3

Upvote 0
Hi again;

Is there anyway to suppress the #N/A message if no months are selected?

It makes the spreadsheet look very ugly with those #N/A's all over.

Upvote 0
Change formula to:

=IF(AND(LEN($B$2),LEN($C$2)),IF((MATCH($B$2,$G$1:$R$1,0)<=COLUMN()-COLUMN($F$2))*(MATCH($C$2,$G$1:$R$1,0)>=COLUMN()-COLUMN($F$2)),$D2/(MATCH($C$2,$G$1:$R$1,0)-MATCH($B$2,$G$1:$R$1,0)+1),""),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back