Complicated Function Needed please help

kazuki

Hello, Im new to this forum and have come because I could not find an answer elsewhere so I figured I'll give this place a try~. The question is simply what function do I need to be able to accomplish this:

(Information:) I have a database with a few sheets. The main sheet is a database of items, the sheet has many columns but to name a few: Ingredient, Price Per Unit, Price Per Kg, Price Per L.

On another sheet I have the Recipe (this is why I am not being very specific, I have to make sure the recipe's are not compromised).
Each recipe has many ingredients but they do not follow the order of the column in the database sheet.

Basically what I need is a function so that the Ingredient, Price Per Unit/Kg/L goes from the Database, to the Recipe sheet based on what Ingredient is input to the Recipe (Probably an INDEX + MATCH Function ((which I already tried)) only, instead of a MATCH I need something that would be like COPY (which doesn't exist) to Copy the value from the Price Per Unit or Kg, or L based on what the Ingredient is~

Its pretty complicated but I'm sure there are people who have done something like this or simply have more brains than I do.

Thanks for taking the time and helping beforehand~

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Hello, Im new to this forum and have come because I could not find an answer elsewhere so I figured I'll give this place a try~. The question is simply what function do I need to be able to accomplish this:

(Information:) I have a database with a few sheets. The main sheet is a database of items, the sheet has many columns but to name a few: Ingredient, Price Per Unit, Price Per Kg, Price Per L.

On another sheet I have the Recipe (this is why I am not being very specific, I have to make sure the recipe's are not compromised).
Each recipe has many ingredients but they do not follow the order of the column in the database sheet.

Basically what I need is a function so that the Ingredient, Price Per Unit/Kg/L goes from the Database, to the Recipe sheet based on what Ingredient is input to the Recipe (Probably an INDEX + MATCH Function ((which I already tried)) only, instead of a MATCH I need something that would be like COPY (which doesn't exist) to Copy the value from the Price Per Unit or Kg, or L based on what the Ingredient is~

Its pretty complicated but I'm sure there are people who have done something like this or simply have more brains than I do.

Have you tried using VLOOKUP function, I hope this would solve your problem.

Upvote 0

Hello and welcome to MrExcel.
Could you post sample of your data?
Please use method in my signature.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back