Complicated. Looking for the right cell and comparing cells next to it.

Vov4a123

Hi :)

I've got a question, and if you can suggest something or help me, I would be appreciated. As you can see from the picture, I've got information from 2 reports. On the left it's internal and on the right it's from the website, where we advertise our vehicles.

With the help of 'etaf', my excel sheet looks absolutely stunning. It's highlighting in red those vehicle reg. numbers, which are not on the report from the right side, while it's highlighting in green, which are.

Now I need to solve another problem - the prices. Is there any way Excel can find those reg.numbers marked as green and compare the prices next to those reg. numbers.

ON the picture I've highlighted what I mean by that. On the right side are the correct prices, which is set by director. On the left are the prices that we have to put manually on the website. Sometime people forget to change them and we are loosing money. For example, with yellow i've marked the price difference. Due to this mistake we've lost £1000 yesterday. Do you have any idea of how to compare the prices and highlight them, if they are incorrect/correct.

Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aw1dbeq216nqt70/Work.PNG?dl=0

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Well, I wasn't confused, but I am now!!! :LOL:

This is a very poor work-flow, as far as I can see. I think you need to rethink and streamline the process, as there are far too many points at which things can go wrong with your current set-up. But that's beyond the scope of this thread, of course, so I'll wish you luck with it. I'm afraid I have to go now. Maybe someone else will take this on now you've explained it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back