Complicated. Looking for the right cell and comparing cells next to it.

Vov4a123

Hi :)

I've got a question, and if you can suggest something or help me, I would be appreciated. As you can see from the picture, I've got information from 2 reports. On the left it's internal and on the right it's from the website, where we advertise our vehicles.

With the help of 'etaf', my excel sheet looks absolutely stunning. It's highlighting in red those vehicle reg. numbers, which are not on the report from the right side, while it's highlighting in green, which are.

Now I need to solve another problem - the prices. Is there any way Excel can find those reg.numbers marked as green and compare the prices next to those reg. numbers.

ON the picture I've highlighted what I mean by that. On the right side are the correct prices, which is set by director. On the left are the prices that we have to put manually on the website. Sometime people forget to change them and we are loosing money. For example, with yellow i've marked the price difference. Due to this mistake we've lost £1000 yesterday. Do you have any idea of how to compare the prices and highlight them, if they are incorrect/correct.

Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aw1dbeq216nqt70/Work.PNG?dl=0

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Thanks. I'm not quite clear: which price are you wanting to appear in column C? Sytner or Back Office?

Upvote 0
Will try to be as clear as possible, sorry for the confusion.

The prices in column C are the correct prices, set by the managers (I am extracting the data to the workbook from the managers report). In column L are the prices that we set manually on Back Office, our advertisement website (than I am downloading the report and extracting it to the excel workbook).

Now, some of the prices in Column L (B/O) might be incorrect due to our mistakes. I need to compare the prices in column L to column C (Sytner), and if some of them are wrong, highlight them in some color. The problem is that the reg. numbers are always placed chaotically.

So, if BN66ABC in column B is priced at 56000(column C), and if BN66ABC is in the column (K), price in column (L) should be the same as in column (C). If it's incorrect, highlight in red the reg.number in column K or L, or both, so that we can change it. We need to see which prices are incorrect, so we can change the price on Back office and than print the new price, for board to put to the vehicle.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Instead of highlighting it and changing it manually, why don't you just do a lookup query and populate the cells that way?

Upvote 0
Is it going to be easier to do? If yes, I'll try and do this.

Also, if yes, will my manager, which does not understand anything from the computers, be able to see where the prices are wrong?

Thank you Ali for the suggestions and help :P

Upvote 0
The point I'm trying to make is that the prices won't be wrong. Just do a lookup on the Sytner lists to put prices into column C. Something like this in C2 copied down:

=INDEX('Sytner report'!G:G,MATCH('FINAL REPORT'!B2,'Sytner report'!K:K,0),0)

Use the same sort of lookup anywhere else you need the prices. There should be no need to enter anything manually.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back