Complile Error: Method or data error not found

mregan

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
My AR person is getting a compile error and can't figure it out. I'll be upfront and say this is way over my head and I'm an excel novice so I apologize up front if my explanation and excel terms aren't correct. We have a multi sheet sales workbook for our salesmen. The first sheet is if we are selling Equipment A, 2nd sheet if selling Equipment B etc. My AR person created a drop down so when the salesmen start typing in the equipment model number, it shows all the equipment that start with those letters, then can then select which piece of equipment and it fills it in. I'm pretty sure she found the code online and tweaked it to work for what we wanted. It works perfectly on the first sheet for Equipment A. She copied the code to do the same on the Equipment B sheet but is getting the below error. She can't seem to figure out what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• excel code.gif
    excel code.gif
    213.6 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
The sheet where the code works has an activex combobox on it called tempcombo. The sheet where the code doesn't work, does not have that control, hence your error.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back