compress chart

tom4

Hi,
I am having excel charts with 10 data rows, each 10.000 points long, which I need to use in Word.
When copying the charts as wmf in Word it gets extremely slow thus I would like to find a way to export an "compressed" wmf from excel. I know there is no classical comression for wmf, but the resolution of my data rows when zooming the wmf in Word is much lower than the density of points in the chart. Thus some compression seems to be done, at least for representation. And still there is obiously a lot of unnecessary data left, that slows Word down, which I want to get rid of.
In other words I am looking for an scalable vector graphic form of an excel chart that only contains the data rows to the extend necessary for repesentation.
The functions "copy as image" or "save as webpage" or chart.export in VBA all return images that don't have a necessary resolution. If you know a way to increase this resoltion, it would also be helpful.

thanks a lot,
thomas

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allyciv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back