Computation of student Annual Average Sore and Grade

freddyparc

[FONT=&quot]Hello, I thought I was done with my school application project,until I was challenged with another task. In the application there is a report card that shows the first term,second term and third term report when you click "Open Report Card" in the form "frmStudent" a dialog form pops up to select the academic year and the term. For each report Card there is Total for each course per term,I really want to compute the sum of the Total for all the Terms to arrive at Annual Average Score. For example, in the report: the "Total" of English Language for the First Term will be added together to the "Total" of English Language for the Second term and "Total" of English Language for the Third term and Divide by 3 to arrive at "Annual Average Score" this form the basis of judgement for promotion to the next class. This computation will only be displayed in the third report card with the grade. But do not bother about the grade once you help me out I think the grade will be sorted out. [/FONT]

ranman256

make query 1, Q1, to calc the total per/person/term
Q2, to get the total.
Q3, to calc the % using Q1 & 2

Q1 & 2 can be a range: either for 1 term, or all terms.

Last edited:

UncleCatwoman

If you're displaying or printing the report card, that can do the calculations.

All you need to do is either store the data with both 'rcYear' and 'rcTerm' fields, or create them when you pull the data for the report card. Once those are populated, you can GroupBy on them to get counts, sums, averages ... If you can't change the tables and how the data is entered then build table with dates and what year and term each one falls into and use that to create/update the fields when pulling the base data.

Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huyennhiteen9xx

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics