Concat a period onto text--Getting #VALUE!! Error

cc4digital2

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
This is the 1st time I have encounter this error and for the life of me, I have tried everything I know to solve and nothing as worked.

Here is my formula:

=SWITCH(RIGHT(E27,1),
".",E27,
"?",E27,
"!",E27,
E27 & "."
)

Cell E27 has this text within it:
Each EGR Bumper Protector is made of durable ABS that provides 100 percent UV protection to avoid chalking, cracking, and warping while adding style and protection to your vehicle. Engineered for a superior fit with no drilling required making for easy installation with 3M adhesive tape

What I want to do it append a period onto the end of the above sentence.
Normally, I can do E27 & "." and I am done. But this time, everything I do is giving me a #VALUE! error.

If I remove the & "." then cell E27 populates just fine. So I do not understand why I can not add a period "." onto the end.

Any help or suggestion would be great as I am completely stuck. Thanks for your help

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
I don't have the SWITCH function available to me in my version of Excel, so I cannot answer your specific question, but I think this formula should do what you want...

=IF(OR(RIGHT(A1)={".","?","!"}),A1,A1&".")

Upvote 0
I don't have the SWITCH function available to me in my version of Excel, so I cannot answer your specific question, but I think this formula should do what you want...

=IF(OR(RIGHT(A1)={".","?","!"}),A1,A1&".")
Very nice. Ya, that works fine. Maybe the issue has to do with the SWITCH statement. Again thank you for your time. I think you just saved some of my hair.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back