Concatenate and create relationship in table

sanket_sk

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi There,

This is sanket, hope you are safe and sound.

I have small doubt in MS Access.

We have Zip code matcher for different business where same zip codes are mapped to different agents, I want to change mapping for particular category but unable to do with simple zip code relationship

May be combination (Concatenate) of Category and zip code may solve my problem but I don’t know how to do it in access .

Could you please help me out in this…

Sample sheet as follows..

In this table I want to replace red highlighted Appa Pawar with Aditya Kolse

Mapping.jpg

Thanks & Regards,
Sanket

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
You can use an Update Query to change that.
First, create a simple select query that lists only the records you want to change.
Then, change it to an Update Query, and update the field value you want.
See here for details on Update Queries: Create and run an update query

You can also find some good videos on YouTube that walk you through ther process (just search on "Access Update Queries").

Upvote 0
You can use an Update Query to change that.
First, create a simple select query that lists only the records you want to change.
Then, change it to an Update Query, and update the field value you want.
See here for details on Update Queries: Create and run an update query

You can also find some good videos on YouTube that walk you through ther process (just search on "Access Update Queries").
Hi Joe,

Thanks for quick update, i tried that one, if I go by zip codes it is updating agent name in all category, I have different agents across category hence i want to combine Zip code and Agent name and then replace them for precise result.

Sanket

Upvote 0
Thanks for quick update, i tried that one, if I go by zip codes it is updating agent name in all category, I have different agents across category hence i want to combine Zip code and Agent name and then replace them for precise result.
It sounds like you are not selecting the right criteria. You can add Criteria under multiple fields. It sounds like you want to add Criteria under both the Zip Code field and the Agent name field.
If you add both of those Criteria on the same line in the Query Builder, they will be treated as an "AND" condition (both those Criteria must be met in order to return a record).
If you put those Criteria on separate lines in the Query Builder, they will be treated as an "OR" condtions (it will return all records meeting either one of those Criteria).
You want the first one (the "AND" Criteria).

Upvote 0
It sounds like you are not selecting the right criteria. You can add Criteria under multiple fields. It sounds like you want to add Criteria under both the Zip Code field and the Agent name field.
If you add both of those Criteria on the same line in the Query Builder, they will be treated as an "AND" condition (both those Criteria must be met in order to return a record).
If you put those Criteria on separate lines in the Query Builder, they will be treated as an "OR" condtions (it will return all records meeting either one of those Criteria).
You want the first one (the "AND" Criteria).
Okay, Let me try again with this ...

Thanks for update.

Sanket

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back