davemcd29

I have a set of questions in column A1 to A2 etc, answers are selcted in column B1 to B10 etc via a data validation list from another worksheet in the same workbook.

I want to use the concatenate or similar function to collect all of the answers into one single cell which i can then copy and paste into a separate program. I want the answers to be in a specific format however.

E.G.
I would like the following to be in one single cell

Name: (Answer in B1)
Team: (Answer in B2)

Group: (Answer in B3)
Action: (Answer in B4)

Result: (Answer in B5)

To include multiple futher text and answers etc

Is this possible?

I have used the concatenate function previously but only to collect the text, insert a commar or colen between said text or answers with spaces either side etc. This then was concatented into one cell as one long sentence or string rather than within a sepcific format. which is what i want now.

I am a basic user and any help would save me literally hours of googling and trial and error.

Thank you in advance

Yours hopefully

Dave

:)

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Re: Concatenate Help!

I have a set of questions in column A1 to A2 etc, answers are selcted in column B1 to B10 etc via a data validation list from another worksheet in the same workbook.

I want to use the concatenate or similar function to collect all of the answers into one single cell which i can then copy and paste into a separate program. I want the answers to be in a specific format however.

E.G.
I would like the following to be in one single cell

Name: (Answer in B1)
Team: (Answer in B2)

Group: (Answer in B3)
Action: (Answer in B4)

Result: (Answer in B5)

To include multiple futher text and answers etc

Is this possible?

I have used the concatenate function previously but only to collect the text, insert a commar or colen between said text or answers with spaces either side etc. This then was concatented into one cell as one long sentence or string rather than within a sepcific format. which is what i want now.

I am a basic user and any help would save me literally hours of googling and trial and error.

Thank you in advance

Yours hopefully

Dave

:)

Please Post your desired Result in tabular form for batter understanding.

Upvote 0

Hi,

Sounds like you already answered your own question...or I'm not understanding correctly:

Book1
BCD
1John DoeName: John Doe, Team: USA, Group: Doubles, Action: Tennis, Result: Win
2USA
3Doubles
4Tennis
5Win
Sheet175
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D1=CONCATENATE("Name: ",B1,", Team: ",B2,", Group: ",B3,", Action: ",B4,", Result: ",B5)

Upvote 0
Hi,

Apologies.

I am ok with the concatenate as you describe but instead of simply punctating the concatenated data i wanted some of the date to appear on new lines or paragraphs etc.

BCD
1John DoeName: John Doe
Team: USA

Group: Doubles
Action: Tennis

Result: Win
2USA
3Doubles
4Tennis
5Win

<colgroup><col style="width: 25pxpx"><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet175
I hope that makes sense?

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back