Conceptual Help

cbzdmh

Board Regular
Hi,

I need some help in planning how I'm going to achieve something, once I know the basic steps i can go away and work on the code.

I have a sheet called "Data" which at the running of a macro imports a raw data regarding disk space on 200 servers. Another sheet "Report" using multiple formulas(the raw data is horribly formatted) then looks at the relevant data in the "data" sheet and turns this into a manageable report.

What i want to do is each time I import a new set of raw data somehow track changes to show the biggest increases and decrease (basically keep a history).

Any ideas on how I would do this.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Make a second report, pulling from your formatted report. This new report should be in table format, just like a database table. The first column should be report date. When you run your macro, the very first thing it should do is copy and paste-value the 2nd report to a history sheet, using the first available blank row.

Then, to track changes, compose reports off of the history sheet. Goind down the sheet you have different dates, and going across are your data points.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back