COND FORMATTING HELP

mercmannick

IF I HAVE A COL "K" THAT CONTAINS THE FORMULAS 1 FOR TRUE AND 0 FOR FALSE

HOW DO I FORMAT ALL THE COMPLETE ROWS OF SHEET THAT IS TRUE TO HIGHLIGHT RED

THNX

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Highlight cell A1, click on Format, Conditional Formatting... Make the Condition 1 slot read "Formula Is", and, in the slotto the right, enter: =$K1=1
then OK
Now, click on the Format Painter (the little rellow brush in the Standard Toolbar), then click on A2 and, holding the left mouse button down, drag down to the last row, then continue to the last column on this row, to cell IV65536. That's it!

Upvote 0
Hi,

Ralph, you missed a bit.

After entering formula =$K1=1 then click on format > patterns and choose red colour, click OK, click OK, then use the format painter as explained

Upvote 0
superb thnx for all your help peeps.

(y) (y) (y) (y)

what i would love to do now is ,b able to save this sheet with all the formatting, and be able to add another worksheet and call this data,
and drop into data sheet the raw data and on the front sheet i saved to show new data just put into data sheet, with all the foramttin done , i know this is possible but not sure how ..

any help would b great thanx :LOL:

Upvote 0
The most direct and easiest way that I know how is to save the file with a new name, do whatever changes you need, and go on.

Upvote 0
Hi Mercmannick,

Not quite sure what you mean, but one way to copy the sheet is to right click on the sheet tab, select "Move or Copy", check "create a copy" box then at the top select either to put your copy in the same workbook or a new one. You can then rename the new sheet by right clicking on its tab.

HTH

Upvote 0
YES I MANAGED TO SUSS IT OUT ,
in a1 of sheet with all formatting in put = then goto data sheet a1 and hit enter. Then all u have to do is drag the a1 to end of data and down to bottom row then fill formatting only. and it keeps ure conditional formats and layout the same.
thanx for all your help peeps :LOL:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back